Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, what happened to 'Signatures'?
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

they are now controlled in your user settings ...
      Can you fish around.. I will try to post a detailed example of how to turn them on -- once I remember myself

- click on your profile drop down at top right
      - click on user settings
      - select the second tab - account settings
      - check the box to display signatures (your old one will load if you wait a sec)
      - click save
      - eat bacon.
      Last edited by gcraill; August 25th, 2016, 06:42 PM. Reason: added tips ...
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
        they are now controlled in your user settings ...
        It seems to be no longer an issue. They stopped showing up for maybe a couple days, but they've been okay since then.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

wish me luck -- going to update this pig again tonight!!!!
          See you in the morning

www.code400.com

Comment

Good luck! :-)

Comment

What's with these forums?
              When I go to the forums page (http://www.code400.com/forum/forum), it shows unread posts in the CLP/CLLE forum. When I click on that and look in there though, there's nothing new. In order to see the updated post, I need to click on the "Last Post" link to open the thread (in this case, the thread titled "Initiate a call command on every new login to AS400 server". How come this thread isn't showing in the list?

Comment

Originally posted by john.sev99 View Post
                In order to see the updated post, I need to click on the "Last Post" link to open the thread (in this case, the thread titled "Initiate a call command on every new login to AS400 server". How come this thread isn't showing in the list?
                Perhaps because it's still marked as 'Unapproved'. Until someone with Moderator privileges says otherwise, posts from a new user are limited in how they show up.
                Tom

Comment

I suspect you're right as an unnaproved post in the IFS forum is doing exactly the same. Kinda annoying as it does mean we can only view 1 unapproved thread per forum....

Comment

Chances of getting that option to collapse forum "groups" back ... it used to be there years ago.
                    Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Looking for various old threads that had anything to do "date", "time", "timestamp", "time stamp", "date duration", "time duration", "duration", "number of days (months, years)", etc., but figuring the 'Search' would be tricky. So, I chose simply to scroll through the RPG/RPGLE forum list.

But scrolling only goes back to "August 13th, 2015, 10:05 PM"...? I.e., in any forum, it's not possible to scroll back through more than the most recent 200 posts.

Is there another way to "browse" forum entries?
                      Tom

Comment

you can go into advanced search and search using string like this
                        date or timestamp or date duration or time duration orduration or number of days
                        set date range to max and only select discussion under type.

you get a large number of entries for this search

Merry Christmas Tom

www.code400.com

Comment

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
                        X