RFE 122252 - RDi debug, allow step over of Exec SQL statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE 122252 - RDi debug, allow step over of Exec SQL statements

I had another post discussing two feature ideas for RDi debug of RPGLE - allow Step Over of EXSR statements, and allow Step Over of Exec SQL Statements. It made it to 15 votes, and was then denied - apparently it's not feasible to step over an EXSR. I can't see how it's any different from stepping over a subprocedure call, but oh well...

The denial comments said to raise a new RFE for Step Over of Exec SQL Statements, which I have done. Link below, please vote:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/r...e&CR_ID=122252

Currently when debugging RPG code with RDi in *SOURCE view, Step Into and Step Over will have to be pressed an unknown number of times to clear a single Exec SQL Statement. This is because the SQL Precompiler replaces Exec SQL Statements with multiple assignments and procedure calls that are invisible in *SOURCE view, but visible in *LIST view. Step Over on an Exec SQL statement in *SOURCE view should step over the invisible SQL code and skip to the first executable line after the Exec SQL Statement.

It's only made it to 10 votes so far. Bumping in the hopes that more people will see the post and vote

Comment

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
    X