Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial command to set library list not working any more

Initial command to set library list

So I wrote a simple CL program to do a bunch of ADDLIBLE's to build a library list
    Then in Rational Developer, in "connection properties -> Subsystems -> Objects" I put a call to that program in Initial command. The idea being that on connection, RDI will run that command and it will set the RDI library list for me

And it worked. At first.

For a while now, it has not worked properly. The command still does run at connection - all the ADDLIBLE's appear in the Commands Log pane. But when I expand Libarary list in Remote Systems view, it only contains the default library list applied by user's JOBD. And when I am editing an RPGLE source, Implementer cannot find any /includes or external file references from the libraries I tried to add. If I try and set a library list manually in "connection properties -> Subsystems -> Objects" then that also does not work.

If I then click in the Command input field in Commands Log, use up/down to find my set libl program call, and re-run it, then it does apply the library list.

It is like the command when run automatically is being run in the wrong context, so is not being applied properly?

It might (and I must stress the 'might') have started going wrong when we upgraded to Rational 9.5.x.x. I am not sure when it went wrong relative to our version upgrade dates. We are now on 9.6.0.0 and it still does not work.

Did you define the initial program with or without the library?
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

With. The command is: "call mylib/startup"

Comment

Working...
      X