Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDi Visualise Application Diagram

Just discovered this cool feature

But it only shows calls to other programs, local procedures, and subroutines - not to bound module procedures? Can it simply not do this, or am I missing something?

You have to select all the source that you want to be diagrammed.

Here's a two-part article by Susan Gantner on using the application diagram.
    - Part 1: http://www.itjungle.com/2009/10/07/fhg100709-story01/
    - Part 2: http://www.itjungle.com/2009/10/28/fhg102809-story01/

Comment

I still can't get it to work. My situation:

I have service program A. It contains modules A1 and A2.
      A1 has a main procedure, it calls procedures exported from A2

I would like a visualise diagram that shows all the procedure calls within A1, including any calls to bound procedures exported from A2

If I do a visualise diagram for the source for A1, I see its local procedure/subroutines and external program calls. I don't see calls to bound procedures.
      I tried selecting the sources for both A1 and A2 at once in remote systems view, and right-clicking to visualise. But that just showed both sources as separate items in the same diagram, with no procedure calls to link them.

I tried doing a visualise on the A *SRVPGM object. That just showed me a list of modules and which programs are called by any of them (without showing which call them)

The articles you linked to say you can create a diagram that combines both program and procedure calls, but doesn't say how and I failed to work it out.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Sorry, I can't guess what you're doing wrong. I created two source members, DIAG1 and DIAG2. Member DIAG1 has a call to an internal procedure p1, and a call to procedure p2 exported from DIAG2. When I select the source for both DIAG1 and DIAG2, the application diagram shows both the call to p1 and the call to p2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	appdiag.jpg Views:	3 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	147220

Comment

Working...
        X