Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required resources for running RDi

Hello.

I had posted this to the iSeries Tools forum, and was advised to post it here. At the time I didn't realize this forum existed.

The admin at my new shop has the 400 locked down to such a degree that RSE communications fail in RDi. As a result I cannot use RDi. I am forced to use CODE/400 and it's driving me insane.

He is very reluctant to open anything up. We started a few but it still wouldn't work.

When verifying the connection the only error that I get is: "Connection to Record Access service . . . . . . .failed". I've googled this but can't find a specific answer.

Does anyone know what needs to be running for this to succeed?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: What is "Record Access Service" ?:

http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/.../msg00181.html

Comment

• mlopez01
      mlopez01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I had read that. I didn't help me out.

Thanks J.

I believe (but I'm not 100% sure) it's the Database Host Server which can be started with the command STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*DATABASE). The command's help text will indicate the job names for the various host servers so you can see if they are running.

Comment

First, to start the appropriate service:
      Code:
      STRTCPSVR SERVER(*DDM)
      Second, if you (or more likely, the admin) start it for some testing, be prepared to shut it down once you've confirmed that it's what you need. (It should be.)

Third and most important, make sure that you secure it properly according to the needs of your environment. Then you can start it back up and use it.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
      X