LPEX search and replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPEX search and replace

One thing I've noticed is that when editing/browsing code in the LPEX editor that if you press CTRL+F to search and replace it automatically starts searching using the search argument that was used the last time search and replace was used. If you are viewing at a specific place in the code and you have something you want to search for starting at that place and press CTRL+F4 it will start searching using whatever search argument was used the last time search and replace was used and re position the display to the page where the 1st occurrence of that search argument is located. Then you have to find your way back to the place where you were before you invoked search and replace and replace the search argument with whatever you want to use (if different from the last search and replace). I find this to be very annoying IMO.

Is there a way to prompt the search and replace dialogue box and wait for me to key in a search argument and press NEXT before starting to search instead of starting the search automaticall as soon as I press CTRL+F

I would like to know this answer too... that's a good idea. But to "find your way back to where you were before" is pretty easy if you use a quick mark (CTRL-Q) to mark your spot, and then ALT-Q to return to it later.

Anyway, this is not exactly what you're asking for, but I have CTRL-ALT-F set up as an LPEX User Key Action to search for whatever I have selected, instead of for whatever my last search was. So I highlight something by double-clicking or whatever and then hit CTRL-ALT-F and it searches for that. That way I don't have to type it into the search box. I find it to be useful.

Comment

Working...
    X