No announcement yet.

Help - I can't use forum successfully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - I can't use forum successfully.

I posted a question a week ago (Retrieve a Sharepoint 2013 document from an RPG program?) and someone replied but I can't respond to the post. I can't edit the post. I can't do anything. I can't access my User Profile or User Settings. If I click either of those links or on "New Topics", "Today's Posts", "Who's Online", etc, I get a message saying that I'm not authorized to view the page. I've used the CONTACT US form twice asking for assistance but I'm not getting any responses. Any suggestions as to how I can get this resolved? Do I have to have a paid membership to use these features?

No, technically there is no problem. But beyond technical there are procedural difficulties that come up when a moderator misses seeing the activity.

When a first-time poster starts out, some approval is needed in order to gain full access. Nothing more than that mostly. This helps keep spammers from flooding forums. It also requires getting around mods who might be on vacation or traveling on business or any number of other things.

It can take some patience. We all went through it, so feel assured that it's merely a 'rite of passage'.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Looks to me like you got a response from Viking?
      I need to programmatically retrieve a document from Sharepoint 2013 for use in an RPGLE program. Has anyone ever done anything similar? At the very least, if I can get the document out of Sharepoint and onto a network file share (ideally the IFS) I know how to grab it from there. I've explored a lot of

So we _are_ seeing your messages.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to retrieve Sharepoint from RPG, as I've never used Sharepoint in my life. It's very likely that there is a web service or something similar that you could use to do this, in which case this would be pretty simple. But, I just don't know, as I'm not familiar with Sharepoint.

Comment

Received a message from a site admin over the weekend... I've been granted all of the appropriate privileges!

Comment

Working...
        X