I need help - Can't reply to posts - Can't view my profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help - Can't reply to posts - Can't view my profile

Tuesday I wrote my first post in the forum "RPG/RPGLE". 14 hours later the now topic still wasn't displayed. I thought there could have been an error while posting, so I created a new topic. But again it wasn't displayed. One hour later I used the help-function to contact an admin because of this problem. Several hours later suddenly both posts appeared.
    I tried to delete one of the posts, but there was no such function.
    I tried to answer to them, so that I could inform others about the double-post. But I don't have a button to answer.
    In the meantime JonBoy answered in the one post and Scott Klement answered in the other post.
    Then Scott also found the other topic and become excited why someone creates two topics. Understandably.
    Again I used the help-function to contact an admin because I wasn't able to answer to posts.
    Later on someone deleted one of my posts. Maybe Scott?
    But still I can't answer to my post nor to other posts. I saw, that I also can't view my own profile. It shows "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"
    Also I can't see all postings in my topic, I got two mails about postings from tomliotta. But I can't see them.
    I would add a screenshot of the topic as I see it. But I'm not allowed to add files.

After several days have passed I don't want to use the help-function again. I never get a reply. I'm not sure if someone gets my mails.
    So I decided to create this topic. I hope someone can help me.

I think David_C had the same problem. He also wrote in this Off Topic Forum. Who knows who else.

I don't have authority to delete posts, it wasn't me...

Comment

If I notice duplicate posts, then I merge them. Patience is virtue, some of us have a time lag of hours.
      I also don't know how many times I have posted this, but there will be a delay for new members posts to be automatically accepted. This is thanks to the spammers.

... and as you can see, even this post isn't approved. That's the forum software.
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Originally posted by kitvb1 View Post
        If I notice duplicate posts, then I merge them. Patience is virtue, some of us have a time lag of hours.
        I also don't know how many times I have posted this, but there will be a delay for new members posts to be automatically accepted. This is thanks to the spammers.

... and as you can see, even this post isn't approved. That's the forum software.
        It would be nice if the forum would put up a message saying that the post will not appear until it has been approved. At least at the time the post is made, but ideally the post would always show for the submitter with some indication that it is awaiting moderation before it is visible to others.

(How silly to have an anti-spam mechanism that causes newbies to basically spam the forum with duplicate posts.)

Comment

Working...
        X