Sqlcode +326

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sqlcode +326

I am getting this code (326 "Too many host variables have been specified on SELECT INTO or FETCH." ) when I run my SQL:

a63007fads e ds extname(a63007fa)

declare facursor cursor for select * from a63007fa

fetch facursor into :a63007fads

a63007fa has 16 fields.

Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA

Re: Sqlcode +326

Birgitta will correct me if I'm wrong... I'm sure...

But, I don't think you can do the "Select *" into a DS. I think you have to detail the fields you're bringing back from the Select statement.

Select F1, F2 F3, F4 from FileName

Comment

Originally posted by FaStOnE View Post
      Birgitta will correct me if I'm wrong... I'm sure...

But, I don't think you can do the "Select *" into a DS. I think you have to detail the fields you're bringing back from the Select statement.

Select F1, F2 F3, F4 from FileName
      I generally do the select into DS without issue - but perhaps I tried it one too many times :-)

Comment

Fetching into an Datastructure is possible.

How did you define your datastructure?
        As External DS or did you list all columns?
        If it's an external DS, did you really specify the correct file or did you simply copy anything else?
        If you list all columns did you forget one?

BTW for performance issues SELECT * is never a good solution, always list the columns you really need.

Birgitta

Comment

External DS file name. There are 16 fields and I need all of them -

Comment

Very weird. I ran a test to be sure against a file having 17 fields and it worked like a charm.

Just a strike in the dark. Are there null fields in your file ?
            Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
              Very weird. I ran a test to be sure against a file having 17 fields and it worked like a charm.

Just a strike in the dark. Are there null fields in your file ?
              I listed the 16 fields instead of the select *, I changed the DS from external file name to the fields and still get the +326 code. I passed the file (only has 11 records) and there are no null values. This has me stumped.

Comment

Your code is good.
                compile again (verify you don't have any OVRDBF), and looks at the compilation list to see your DS and the fields of the file, because this seems to me impossible !
                Patrick

Comment

You say only 11 records ? Hmm... Can you pls zip the file data together with the file description here. I am curious and would like to run a test using those data on the V5R3 system I am using.

BTW what version are you running on your i ?
                  Philippe

Comment

Yet an other idea! Is the library list at compile time the same as at run time?
                    May be your file is in different libraries with a different number of columns.

Birgitta

Comment

Originally posted by B.Hauser View Post
                      Yet an other idea! Is the library list at compile time the same as at run time?
                      May be your file is in different libraries with a different number of columns.

Birgitta
                      No, but thanks for the try - file is located in one library only and it's at the top of my library list. Not in qtemp either. Running the program interactively after the compile. Using Debug at the dow statement and checking the value of SQLCOD. I have a number of other subroutines in the program using SQL over other files with no issue.

Comment

Look your compilation list please !
                        Patrick

Comment

That's what it was ... Birgitta told me not to do the "Select *" and I took that as Gospel.

Whatever she says is good enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by K2r400 View Post
                            Your code is good.
                            compile again (verify you don't have any OVRDBF), and looks at the compilation list to see your DS and the fields of the file, because this seems to me impossible !
                            this seems to be the missing ingredient here. if you can post the DDS for the PF and the compile listing. there has to be a mismatch somewhere.
                            I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Your DS has more subfields than the fields returned by the query.

Check your D specs to see if any "other" field is inadvertently defined into your DS.
                              â??No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wingsâ?? â?? William Blake

Comment

Working...
                              X