No announcement yet.

how do you get at SQLDA.SQLVAR.SQLDATA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you get at SQLDA.SQLVAR.SQLDATA?

i'm trying to set the value to SQLDA.SQLVAR.SQLDATA but i cannot get the syntax right.

documents i have read say SQLVAR is an array... though i have not been able to find an example of the structure anywhere.

Exactly what are you trying to achieve? In my experience these variables aren't typically used outside of the pre-compiler...

Comment

Originally posted by jayvaughn View Post
      documents i have read say SQLVAR is an array... though i have not been able to find an example of the structure anywhere.
      It's a repeating DS that should occur as many times as you need to define columns. QSYSINC has at least three examples in the ILE and OPM RPG source files. Have you worked this out yet?

I'm not sure why QSYSINC data definitions always seem to look so archaic, but they can usually be reworked to suit your style.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
      X