No announcement yet.

Need Recommendation for Literature on All Things Related to Stored Procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Recommendation for Literature on All Things Related to Stored Procedures

Anyone recommend any articles/books/videos on DB2 stored procedures? The main difficulty I seem to be having is debugging the execution of a stored procedure and inspecting the values of the return parameters. It also seems that iSeries Navigator responds differently than RDi's Database perspective.

Originally posted by TheZenbudda View Post
    Anyone recommend any articles/books/videos on DB2 stored procedures? The main difficulty I seem to be having is debugging the execution of a stored procedure and inspecting the values of the return parameters.
    I would probably write a basic stored proc that accepted IN values needed by the proc to be tested and then called the proc receiving whatever comes back out. Even if the called proc wasn't created with debug data, the new proc can be. And inspecting its values can show everything needed about OUT or INOUT values returned.

And I don't know of anything more useful than the Knowledge Center discussions about debugging SQL.

It also seems that iSeries Navigator responds differently than RDi's Database perspective.
    Can you describe an example difference? It might also help to know release numbers of each as well as for the server.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

You may Check whether the following white paper helps:
      Graphical debugging makes procedural SQL debugging on IBM i even easier
      https://www-356.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/download/DownloadServlet?id=kI7V_2UWXAciPCA$cnt&attachmentN ame=graphical_debugging_makes_procedural_sql_debug ging_on_ibm_i_even_easier.pdf&token=MTUwNTMxNjM4Mz Q2Nw==&locale=en_ALL_ZZ

Also check the following redbook:
      SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions on IBM DB2 for i
      http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstract...8326.html?Open

Birgitta
      Last edited by B.Hauser; September 13, 2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X