ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIELDPROC encryption - where is the encoded value stored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIELDPROC encryption - where is the encoded value stored?

I cannot find the answer to this anywhere except "it is stored in the database" - where? is it proprietary? I'd like to query the appropriate file and see it. The encoded value not the sysfields fieldproc description.

Anybody know?
    Last edited by jayvaughn; July 17, 2017, 07:12 AM.

I can't make sense of the question. Can you provide a specific example scenario that demonstrates the point that needs an answer? The question sounds to me like, "I have a table with a CustomerName column. Where is the CustomerName value stored?"
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

If you have any knowledge of fieldprocs utilized as endpoint pgms for encryption then the question should stick out like a sore thumb.
      Where does the db2 engine store the encoded value at rest? Even if the value is unintelligible, can it still be queried from it's at rest location? And where is that location?

Comment

Working...
      X