X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSPLY message problem

Hi all..

why sometimes when i execute opcode DSPLY to display the data, sometimes it will not shows the result. i have to DSPJOBLOG to view the data. however, sometimes it will display the message and i'm able to press ENTER to continue.

Re: DSPLY message problem

Have you perhaps previously overridden the MSGQ? (maybe by running another program prior to this one).
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

i dont think so. from my observation, the symptom is like this, if i CALL PGM1, it will not display the message but if i call the program by key in C in the option field in WRKMBRPDM, it will display the message accordingly. basically, the program will read a file(consists of 3data), then will display the data.

Comment

so it works when calling from PDM (which is exactly the same as calling it from a command line or from a program) are you submitting this to batch and expecting it to pop up an interactive message (which is basically what the DSPLY opcode is...)??? if so it's never going to happen. as i said DSPLY only works the way you want unless you are calling the program interactively...
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

You do NOT call the same program with both methods. Check your library list and/or use F4 on call.
          Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
            You do NOT call the same program with both methods. Check your library list and/or use F4 on call.
            hehe i missed that possibility...wonder if that is the case what type of potential data issues might crop up in the near future lol

Comment

This is a known situation with the DSPLY opcode. The way to fix it to make sure that DSPLY always works is to append something to the end of the string you are displaying. I cant remember what it is off the top of my head that you have to append, but I remember something about this. Maybe this will tag someones memory on it.
              Michael Catalani
              IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
              Acceptance Insurance Corporation
              www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
              www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

just add a field as a result field on the DSPLY opcode works...or simply use blanks...

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
                  so it works when calling from PDM (which is exactly the same as calling it from a command line or from a program) are you submitting this to batch and expecting it to pop up an interactive message (which is basically what the DSPLY opcode is...)??? if so it's never going to happen. as i said DSPLY only works the way you want unless you are calling the program interactively...
                  yup..calling the program inside PDM..it works. nope, i'm not submitting the program to batch..just call it interactively.

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
                    just add a field as a result field on the DSPLY opcode works...or simply use blanks...
                    yup..i tried it and it works. thanx

Comment

thanx all

Comment

Working...
                      X