X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR and RCLACTGRP when using Named Activation Group

Hello all! Long time no post!

Here is my question. We have:
    Program A dynamically calls Program B; Program B statically calls bound Procedures and/or Service Programs (supplied by 3rd party vendor),

Now, program B is run in a named activation group... let's call it, say... (BMORRIS). . And let's say BMORRIS is NOT used by any other program except program B.
    Program A, run in, let's just say QILE, is designed to call program B x times and once x exceeds a configured x, do a RCLACTGRP on BMORRIS.

So, the question is, if Program B leaves LR OFF and returns to program A and then program A subsequently attempts to reclaim the activation group, will it succeed? I believed it would NOT succeed, but the job log of batch job running program A appears to be proving me wrong. I just want to understand what is happening to ensure we are reclaiming successfully (as the log says we are). The reason for this inquiry is that the vendor supplied content has caused memory leaks and we have found by doing this reclaim after x calls can we "address the issue". Thanks all.

It will succeed - the job log is correct.

Why did you think it wouldn't? LR has basically zero bearing on AGs. The only thing it controls is whether the files get closed and the program pretends to have gone away (it only actually goes away when the AG is reclaimed).

Needless to say the "correct" fix is to get the vendor to fix the %&##@ program!

Comment

I am not quite sure why I believed it. Thanks for the response. I feel guilty... I mistrusted the almighty job log.

Comment

Now tell me that dog picture is not CUTE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilsonranch1 View Post
          I am not quite sure why I believed it. Thanks for the response. I feel guilty... I mistrusted the almighty job log.
          Should always trust the job log - it is after all what happened. And unlike history was not written by the winners and therefore subject to interpretation!

As to the dog picture - yeah - kinda cute.

Comment

Working...
          X