Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window popup on previous display

Hi All,

I have requirement on which window alert should popup based on some file data, so here is the scenario.
    On first screen user put customer no. 000027 so this is the only field on first screen. Next when user press ENTER then second screen gets displayed on which customer no. 000027 details shown and it is a subfile and one flag can be updated for the entered customer.

So my requirement is on this second screen which is subfile detail screen, a popup alert window should get displayed if entered customer is non US residence so file field is there that stores this US residence value.
    So after EXFMT Scr02 (Which is subfile CLT record format) then I am checking whether file field US residence = 'N' then popup alert window should get displayed automatically that says "This customer is non US resident"

I tried with dummy record format with ASSUME n KEEP keyword so that alert window will not erase previous Scr02 display however no luck.
    Please advice.

Thanks,
    NIL
    Cheers...
    Nil

Why complicate things with a popup? Why not simply add a conditioned warning field on the main part of the screen.

Comment

• Nil
      Nil commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your suggestions..That is a good thought however I do not have much room on CTL part to add that field so that I can blink it with some different color.

In order for us to help you, we need to understand this better than just a high-level description. Please post everything that is needed to reproduce the problem.

Comment

If you just need a window to show a message on your screen, what about specifying your simple message "This customer is non US resident" and utilizing the QUILNGTX API. It handles everything and you won't need a separate format.

Code:
        //-- Prototype for the QUILNGTX API                        
      d quilngtx        pr                  extpgm('QUILNGTX')     
      d  p_Msg                      1024a   options(*VARSIZE) const
      d  p_Len                        10i 0 const                  
      d  p_msgIDTitle                  7a   const                  
      d  p_msgFTitle                  20a   const                  
      d  p_error                            like(myApiErrorDS)
      Last edited by Viking; February 8, 2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Nil
        Nil commented
        Editing a comment
        That's nice info..Thanks.

I found the simple solution, which is as below...

It was doing EXFMT CTL part so instead of that I change to Write CTL when US residence = 'Y' and EXFMT my window so it did not erase previous subfile part...if not US resident then simply EXFMT CTL.
      Code:

If US_Residency = 'Y';
      Write CTL;
      EXFMT Window; <- This is for alert popup window
      Else;
      EXFMT CTL;
      EndIf;
      Cheers...
      Nil

Comment

Working...
      X