RCVJRNE exit program and ENTFMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCVJRNE exit program and ENTFMT

I have an exit program that is called when I execute the RCVJRNE command in a CL program. I am specifying ENTFMT(*TYPE1). The exit program calls one of three more programs each designed to handle the layout of a different physical file being journaled. I am using a system supplied outfile in each of these three programs named QASYADJE. This gives me journal information like the program and user that did the update, or add, or whatever it is. It all works without error. But, the *TYPE1 layout does not have current user, so I wanted to change to *TYPE4, but it did'nt work (data decimal errors).

I assumed that the other system supplied output files would correspond to the type, *TYPE4 for QASYADJ4 for example (or perhaps QADSPJR4). To make matters worse, I dont understand why I am parsing the data portion of the journal record starting at position 126, which happens to be a field named ADUSPF. I have been doing that for years but can't remember why, and I can't find any documentation that explains this.

So, I was hoping someone out there has had a similar experience, or could help me understand how to determine what ENTFMT type selection corresponds to what system supplied output file or data structure.

Here is the command as it is being executed by my CLP.
    The from time values are softcoded so that each time it starts up again it begins where it last left off:

RCVJRNE JRN(@JRNLIB/KANJRN) EXITPGM(IS1061RJRN) FILE((CONVRPF)
    (CBNLREP) (CDO1CPP)) RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN) FROMTIME(20170809 235619)
    ENTTYP(UB UP PT DL PX) ENTFMT(*TYPE1) DELAY(1)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hard to answer as without any code snippets, we have no idea what's causing the decimal data error. Have you tried debugging the program to determine where the issue lies?
    FYI, if you use a *TYPE4 format, the model file is indeed QASYADJ4 for the AD entries.

Comment

Working...
    X