STRPCCMD and blacked out screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRPCCMD and blacked out screen

I use STRPCO and STRPCCMD quite a bit, typically to execute FTP or a .bat file on my PC. It works great, but if the transfer runs for maybe a minute, having the screen BLACKED out that long might make the user think something is hung. So I have tried using SNDSTSMSG to display an ...in progress message, or even a DSPF with something similar. Both get blacked out as soon as the STRPCCMD command is executed.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to overcome the problem?

Thanks!

here is some of my code:

/* Start PC Organizer */
    STRPCO
    MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000 IWS4010)

/* Execute T:// drive script GETTXTFILE.TXT which gets FTP script from AS400 */
    CHGVAR VAR(&PCCMD) VALUE('ftp -n -s:' *TCAT &PATH +
    *TCAT '\' *TCAT &SYSNAME *TCAT +
    '\gettxtfile.txt')
    STRPCCMD PCCMD(&PCCMD) PAUSE(*NO)
    DLYJOB DLY(1)

/* Execute T:// drive script GETFTPFILE.TXT which puts CSV file to AS400 */
    CHGVAR VAR(&PCCMD) VALUE('ftp -n -s:' *TCAT &PATH +
    *TCAT '\' *TCAT &SYSNAME *TCAT +
    '\getftpfile.txt')
    STRPCCMD PCCMD(&PCCMD) PAUSE(*NO)
    DLYJOB DLY(1)
    ENDDO

If it's a batch file, maybe use the ECHO command?:

ECHO Please stand by...

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

I guess I should have specified which black screen. I am not referring to the DOS screen. That screen is display momentarily. My so called green screen, where my user has selected an option to upload this particular file that resides on a network windows folder, blacks out. I can't figure out when control is lost, but it seems that as soon as the STRPCCMD command is run, then green screen in the background loses the display. The display file is compiled with RSTDSP(*YES) and DFRWRT(*YES). I haven't tried changing those values because I assumed those were correct.

Comment

I see the same behavior when I use the PAUSE(*NO) parameter, but the screen stays when PAUSE(*YES) is specified. Unfortunately, using PAUSE(*YES) requires the user to press a key to continue. I haven't found a way to stop the screen from blanking out with PAUSE(*NO).

Comment

Working...
        X