ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrieve a Sharepoint 2013 document from an RPG program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomliotta View Post
    I don't like storing in source. I prefer storing such things in *USRIDXs. Earlier I preferred *DTAARAs; but a *USRIDX entry is a little more flexible in that lengths may change and multiple items can be stored/retrieved while simplifying ownership/authority. Either way, it's stored (and authorized) externally and can be changed without modifying source.

Retrieval can be done within a separately defined procedure. You might start by using a *DTAARA and enhance it later to use a *USRIDX. Pass the *DTAARA name in and return the value. When later enhanced, pass an index key in instead of the name. That way the interface won't change.

Thanks for the tip, Tom. I considered using a data area but I wasn't sure that was the best idea. I've never used *USRIDXs. I'll have to do some research on those...

Comment

I just went into Sharepoint and generated a "guest" link to a specific pdf document, and tried using that instead, but I still get the same error even though that one shouldn't require any credentials. When I take that guest link and paste it into a browser, I get the file without logging into Sharepoint. But my program still gets the error about needing a user-id and password...

Thanks for the info on the %20's.

Was it a big deal to upgrade your HTTPAPI? How did you do it, and did you have to change any existing programs? I have some things I don't want to disrupt, but I would like to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

Comment

Viking,

I was getting the user-id and password error as well, even though it really wasn't, imo, an error related to authorization.

Wasn't a big deal to upgrade HTTPAPI at all. But we don't have any existing programs in production that are using the HTTPAPI, just a few on our development box that have been created to test the capabilities, so I wasn't worried about that aspect. I would imagine your programs that are using it already would just need to be recompiled over the new objects in LIBHTTP that get installed. (Specifically the HTTPAPIR4 service program, I think??)

To get the upgraded version I followed Scott's link... http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/ ... and then followed the instructions he supplies for the Save File install.

Comment

The 401 means that it did not accept the userid/password you sent. Either you provided an incorrect user/password, or you sent it incorrectly.

Comment

This seems to be the only post in the free world on Sharepoint and the system i. I have tried the CL and RPG examples with no success whatsoever. Is there anywhere else I can look to find out information on how to send a CSV file using Sharepoint from the IBM i?

Comment

Working...
            X