Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binder language errors in EVENTF

Hello,

is there a how to get binder language errors in the eventf?
    When compiling in the green screen, i get those errors in the job log, that is okay...
    But we are strictly using the RDI for development and always compile from there.
    So when we build a *srvpgm the error list in the RDI pops up, saying there are no errors. But when we look in to the command protocol tab, we can see, that it is not built... but not why..
    Then we exceptionally change to the green screen, try to build again and check the job log for the errors and the source for these errors.
    Is it possible to either get these errors displayed in the error list or command protocol tab? Or maybe better, is it possible to write custom messages to the eventf which is displayed in the error list of rdi?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Manuel

Solved it.. with RCVMSG and write to EVFEVENT.

Comment

I don't follow you, Manuel. Do you mind explaining in more detail?

Comment

Manuel, I'm guessing you wrote a custom "build" program that does RCVMSG after CRTPGM/CRTSRVPGM, and adds the error to EVFEVENT? (Out of the box, I don't even think RDi has a CRTPGM/CRTSRVPGM included?) Can you tell us exactly what worked well to write to EVFEVENT? I have not tried writing my own records to that file.

Comment

In my RDi properties, I unchecked "Compile in batch". That puts binder messages in the Commands Log.

Comment

Yes, we have for nearly most PGMs a CL, where the compile commands are written down. There is another CL for having the acronym in PDM and RDi, which looks for that one CL to compile a PGM.
            In short the compile CL contains the CRTRPGMOD (with option *EVENTF) and e.g. CRTSRVPGM command. What i have done, is when an error occurs i loop through the received exceptional and diagnostic messages and call for those a PGM which writes these down to the EVFEVENT file member. Input for this PGM is the destination lib for the Object, name of the source member, message id, severity, message text and message length. The PGM writes to member named source member in file EVFEVENT in destination lib.
            For the how to write to the correct EVFEVENT with the correct format, this article helped me very much in understanding: https://www.itjungle.com/2004/08/04/fhg080404-story01/

Comment

Just for addition: i now use the sql udtf qsys2.joblog_info() instead of RCVMSG, because it is easier to get all messages i want.

Comment

Working...
              X