Not sure what this error code means

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what this error code means

Good morning, I have a scan program that uses a scanner and a display file. The record format gets written every 30 seconds with an updated time. The scanner waits for something to scan then delivers it to the screen to get processed.

I check on the write of the display format for any errors. If there is one, I capture it and write it to a log file. Yesterday one of the scanning jobs had an issue and wrote over 9 million error records to my log file. The error I captured was 1299 with the scantype = 'WRITE' with the same timestamp. I get this by capturing the error using %STATUS. The CPF1299 explanation doesn't seem to fit what I am doing here so I wanted to see if there was more to it. I will be putting a counter on this so it only writes a certain amount of times then ends the job.

Here is part of my code:

c Dou *INKA
    c
    c clear SCANLR
    c
    C TIME TIMDAT 12 0
    C MOVEL TIMDAT stime 6 0
    C MOVE TIMDAT sdate 6 0
    c
    C WRITE(e) TMC003R1
    c
    * Check for error
    c If %error
    c eval scandate =
    c %dec(%char(%date():*iso0):8:0)
    c eval SCANTIME = %Dec(%time():*HMS)
    c eval SCANID = ' '
    c eval SCANERR = %Status()
    c eval SCANTYPE = 'WRITE'
    c eval SCANJOB = jobnam
    C eval SCANPORT = 0
    C eval SCANCOMP = ' '
    C eval SCANDIV = ' '
    C eval SCANPTYPE = ' '
    c eval SCANNAME= ' '
    c write SCANLR
    c iter
    c Endif

C READ(e) TMC003D
    C IF %error
    c* If screen was idle for waitrcd time, redisplay, clear all fields at 30 sec
    c If %status = 01331 and @OUTID = SIDNUM
    c If count >= 4
    C MOVE *BLANKS @NAME
    C MOVE *BLANKS @IDNUM
    C MOVE *BLANKS SIDNUM
    C MOVE *BLANKS @OUTID
    C Z-ADD 0 @DATE
    C Z-ADD 0 @TIME

. . . . . . . . .

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Try this in the comments:
    The germ for this post came from a comment made by Glenn Gundermann on last week's Display screens of results without having to press Ent...

Comment

the codes in %STATUS usually match an RNX message (not a CPF message.) Try something like this:
      Code:
      DSPMSGD RNX1299 MSGF(QRNXMSG)
      Or, better yet, look in the job log.

Comment

Originally posted by 64waves View Post
        The CPF1299 explanation doesn't seem to fit what I am doing here...
        Did you see CPF1299 in the joblog? It's apparently not related to any problem with this. (I assume you looked at it only because of status 01299, but the two should have no connection.)

Status 01299 is described as "Other I/O error detected." I would expect the joblog to have more detailed messages. What did the joblog show?
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
        X