php connectivity with iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php connectivity with iSeries

I did not found what I was looking for. I am trying to make a connection with my WAMP to the iSeries. Some says that I should install an iSeries driver to connect my WAMP to the iSeries. I asked others who are using Powerbuilder and VB and they said that they are using an .ini file and a connection string.

is there any way to connect my WAMP to my iSeries without installing any drivers that i have to pay for. I am not connected to any company so i do not know anyone who can lend me the installation disk driver.
    idiot and stoopid with SQL

Re: php connectivity with iSeries

A driver is no good without a server to connect to. If you have an iSeries to connect to, why can't you download/install the driver from it? A number of sites do it that way.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by tomliotta View Post
      A driver is no good without a server to connect to. If you have an iSeries to connect to, why can't you download/install the driver from it? A number of sites do it that way.
      i guess i should have said that i will be using a free as400 account from PUB1.RZKH.DE. I am not sure if they will be willing to distribute that driver. I still have to dig up emails from previous communications with them.

but i am looking for other alternative in case they will not share the driver with me as i may need to replicate the process more than once.

Comment

odbc attached
        Attached Files
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Well - JDBC drivers... but that's being technical....

Free of charge.

Comment

thanks for the assist.

Comment

Working...
            X