ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPG Free Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid or out of sequence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Free Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid or out of sequence.

I'm trying to use the Ctl-Opt, Dcl-f etc specifications but PDM won't accept the syntax and when I try and compile I get the following error messages. I've verified with my system administrator that we have the correct PTF installed. What am I missing?

1 Ctl-opt option(nodebugio:*srcstmt) Datfmt(*ISO);
    ======>a
    *RNF0257 30 a 000100 Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid or out of
    sequence.
    2 Dcl-f cwkmas Keyed Prefix('IN.');
    ======>a
    *RNF0257 30 a 000200 Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid or out of
    sequence.

Re: RPG Free Form-Type entry for main procedure not valid or out of sequence.

To my knowledge, you would need to move it past the 7th column as it still considers those positions for the Fixed Format specification (H, F, C, etc).

Comment

Hi spudmonkey:

To the best of my knowledge the dcl- clt- (totally free form) is not allowed in pdm.
      Pdm has been replaced with RDI.

If you use PDM .... ignore the errors. The program will compile correctly if it is coded correctly.

Best of Luck
      GLS
      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I second what GLS400 said. AFAIK, PDM was stabilized at base v6r1 and doesn't support any new syntax. If you're forced to use PDM on new versions, maybe you can turn off real-time syntax checking.

Comment

His errors are on the compile. PDM just highlights the code in green. So that is not where he is getting the problem. Is it possible for you to provide the whole program? If you can't provide the code. You can try the following. If this doesn't compile then you do not have the right PTF's. Remember that the PTF for FREE format wasn't actually in TR9, but released in another update at the same time as TR9(7.1).

Code:
          ctl-opt main(main);      

dcl-proc main;    
             dsply ('Hello World');
          end-proc;

Comment

Working...
          X