ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help: using PHP to call CL with parameters on iSeries v 6.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help: using PHP to call CL with parameters on iSeries v 6.1?

Hi,

Here is my question, I would like to use PHP to call the CL with parameters on AS400, currently we do the same using VB6 / Client Access on click PC, but now we would like to discontinue the VB6 apps and develop a new Web app using PHP.

The problem is we don't want to install / using the PHP / Web server that is on the iSeries.

What we plan to do is create an app using PHP and run on the web server that powered by Microsoft IIS with MS SQL, the PHP script need a way to call the CL with parameters to AS400, then get some value back from AS400 through parameters.

Anyone have idea how to do it in PHP? I read someone saying using RMTCMD or FTP etc... but can't find any real examples yet. I know we may need to install the Client Access ODBC or something on the client PC....

Thanks for your help!

Re: Please help: using PHP to call CL with parameters on iSeries v 6.1?

If you install Client Access on the web server then you should be able to make the call through the Client Access ODBC driver. You can also setup up the IBM i as a Linked Server in MS SQL Server and could probably call a stored procedure that calls the CL program.

Comment

You can do it in PHP by using either Easycom for PHP (licensed) or by using the XMLSERVICE (free) from the YIPs website. I have not tried the XMLSERVICE but I use Easycom to connect to the IBMi for program calls, object manipulation and data extraction via SQL.

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M View Post
        If you install Client Access on the web server then you should be able to make the call through the Client Access ODBC driver. You can also setup up the IBM i as a Linked Server in MS SQL Server and could probably call a stored procedure that calls the CL program.
        Thanks for reply, yes, I shall install the Client Access on that Server with ODBC driver installed. How can I call CL and passing parameters in PHP with ODBC driver? any example coding in PHP? so i can test it out.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_hird View Post
          You can do it in PHP by using either Easycom for PHP (licensed) or by using the XMLSERVICE (free) from the YIPs website. I have not tried the XMLSERVICE but I use Easycom to connect to the IBMi for program calls, object manipulation and data extraction via SQL.

Chris...
          Thanks for your reply Chris,

Will search on the easycom for php and XMLSERVICE does it allow passing parameters to the CL and get value back to PHP application?

Thanks,

Comment

XMLSERVICE is very well documented on the YIPs site, I have only used it a long time ago as I prefer (Note I also sell and support in NA) Easycom. It can be installed on Windows, Linux and IBM i webservers so pretty flexible in how you can attached to IBM i data and objects. Try out both, if you need help with Easycom I will be here. Best person for XMLSERVICE will be Alan Seiden as he does a lot of work with Zend and XMLSERVICE. Easycom has a lot of features so it is very powerful. Good luck.

Chris...

Comment

XMLSERVICE is very well documented on the YIPs site, I have only used it a long time ago as I prefer (Note I also sell and support in NA) Easycom. It can be installed on Windows, Linux and IBM i webservers so pretty flexible in how you can attached to IBM i data and objects. Try out both, if you need help with Easycom I will be here. Best person for XMLSERVICE will be Alan Seiden as he does a lot of work with Zend and XMLSERVICE. Easycom has a lot of features so it is very powerful. Good luck.

Chris...
              Thanks again Chris, if easycom can do the same or more than XMLService, I preferred go for easycom, since it is pay products and I assumed will get better support and documents, I tried send email to EasyCom and haven't get any answer from them yet, I guess they local in France and with time different

Comment

If you need information I can supply it. As I said we are their North American Distributor located in Toronto. If you prefer to deal with them directly you are more than welcome to do so, but if you don't get a response soon please contact me again.

Chris...

Comment

Thanks Chris, just sent you a PM.

If you need information I can supply it. As I said we are their North American Distributor located in Toronto. If you prefer to deal with them directly you are more than welcome to do so, but if you don't get a response soon please contact me again.

Chris...

Comment

Working...
                  X