Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA sessions

Good day,
    Is it possible to have multiple client access windows open at startup, in specific positions on the screen. I know if I put 4 copies of a session in the start-up folder, I'll get the multiple windows but what about positioning them in specific places?

Mike.
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

As far as I'm aware, the window positions are contained in the HOD files so as long as they're different, you should be able to have them start in different positions.

Comment

"HOD" files?
      That's interesting....

Thanks.
      Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by john.sev99 View Post
        As far as I'm aware, the window positions are contained in the HOD files so as long as they're different, you should be able to have them start in different positions.
        HOD files are for the current iACS. I interpreted "CA sessions" to mean the deprecated iAccess for Windows client.

Comment

I believe that these WS settings control the last known windows position...but I have no idea how they work.

[LastExitView]
          A=4 956 0 328 282 7 13 29 400 0 IBM3270? 37

[LastExitView]
          A=3 546 10 728 509 7 9 16 400 0 IBM3270? 37

To see these change, open the WS file with Notepad, note their values, Open the session, resize the window and/or reposition it, close the session then go back into the WS file and see the changed settings...

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post

HOD files are for the current iACS. I interpreted "CA sessions" to mean the deprecated iAccess for Windows client.
            I'm guessing you are correct from the OPs reply.
            As Terry has pointed out, the older WS files contain the window positions so as long as each session uses a different file, they can start in different positions on the screen. My experience with both the old and new products is they do remember the last window locations.

Comment

Working...
            X