Need to replace ES32 Emulator uploads from PC to iSeries for processing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to replace ES32 Emulator uploads from PC to iSeries for processing

We currently use ES32 Emulator or user sessions, and have about 75 different uploads built into the menus or applications themselves. Basically, they save a spreadsheet in .csv format on their C: drive in a particular folder, and then we pass that folder and filename to the program and it uploads the PC file to the iSeries, and then we edit check and process it, etc.

For whatever reason, management doesn't want to give the users PC Support or Client Access (or its current equivalent, sorry, I've been around too long). I don't think they like the FTP solutions, and they don't want to map IFS drives for them. I think a Java web based solution would be the easiest to sell to everyone, but haven't found any free or inexpensive solutions to try but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places or with the right search terms.

An example of a new request is to upload a spreadsheet of line items for new lines to add to or create a Purchase Order instead of entering them on a green screen application.

Any ideas? How do other companies handle requests like this?

sponsored links

Collapse

Working...
X