Clinet Access Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinet Access Freezing

This has been going on for awhile now. Like years.. Anyway.. We are on 6.1 and have all the PTF's for "Iseries Access for Windows " ( aka client Access) etc up to date. When a user gets a break message and they are typing something it will freeze their screen up and they have to exit out and reopen again. No red X or any error indicator on screen. Its like the keyboard froze or lost connection to that session. All other sessions they might have open are fine. Anyone else have this issue? Very odd. Idea how to fix? Its just annoying for them.

Thanks
    Ron

Re: Clinet Access Freezing

Never seen that before, but the first thing I would try is turning off the "ding" (the sound associated with a break message).

Comment

Would it be possible for you to post a screen-shot of such a frozen session?
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

I will try the ding. When or if this happens again I will try and get a screen shot from the user. There is nothing on the screen though other than the last thing they were looking at. Its very odd. I thought at one point it might be server 2003 but we have since changed to server 2008 r2 and installed the 64bit version. I also have the 64 bit version on my windows 7 and it does not happen to me at all. Maybe I'm not working hard enough...lol
        Thanks for the ideas.
        Ron

Comment

Working...
        X