Strobjcvn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strobjcvn

I am about to convert a v5r4 partition to v6r1. I think I have all my ducks in a row and I am ready to go. One thing that concerns me is the object conversion. Instead of having objects convert as they are touched I have created a short CL that will loop through the lbraries and convert them all before works starts on Monday. Each library will have its own job with its own job log so that I can see what went where.

What do everyone think of this? Is there big overhead with letting objects convert as they are touched?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Strobjcvn

Each object converts relatively quickly (maybe a few seconds on my machine). I would certainly allow a machine that is relatively untouched on the weekend get a jump start on it though. As long as your ANZOBJCVN was clean, you should be ok, but this process will give you a headsup in case something was missed. (Before you find out about it on Monday.)

On my i515 upgrade a couple of years ago, I simply upgraded and allowed objects to be converted on the fly, and it really didnt affect much. There was a lot of conversions happening the first 15-30 minutes, but no single process was delayed more than maybe 15 to 30 seconds. But for a corporate production upgrade, I would probably try to allow the system to convert as much as possible ahead of time.
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Re: Strobjcvn

just use the STROBJCVN command...no need for a CL program (unless you just want to)
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
      X