Number of active licences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of active licences

I am trying to create a simple command to display the number of licenses in current use. I know I can use WRKLICINF and pass Product ID, but I have about a dozen or so "features" that the user has to figure out which one to use. Is there a way to select just a specific term/feature? For example, I want product 5U33M7X, Term V2R9, feature 5001 only.

Originally posted by arrow483 View Post
    For example, I want product 5U33M7X, Term V2R9, feature 5001 only.
    Can you clarify that? If you know that's what you want, what additional info are you looking for?
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

DSPLICKEY will do what you need, I think.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

DSPLICKEY doesn't help. It gives me the total license that I bought, but not the count of license in use. WRKLICINF option 5 does, but there are like 8 pages of the same PRDID. So what I was hoping for a for parms like DSPLICKEY, but the display from WRKLICINF. I thought DSPLICINF would be great, but, alas no such animal.

Comment

The Retrieve License Information (QLZARTV) API, format LICR0200, returns a 'Number of current license users' field.
          Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Did you check whether the IBM i Service, i.e. view License_Info in the QSYS2 library will return the information you need?

Birgitta

Comment

Thanks Birgitta, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X