Incomplete Print Outs from AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incomplete Print Outs from AS400

I was wondering if anyone has seen this type of issue before.

User prints using PC5250 iSeries Access for Windows printer session Printer is a newer HP LaserJet M605n model. Previous printer that had no issues was an HP LaserJet 4200 model. For the session, they use Host Print Transform "*HP4000", with HP Universal printer driver PCL6 to print upwards of 500 print outs or more at a time from AS400. Type of spool file is *AFPDS. Out of 500 or 600 print outs, one print out close to the end of the print job released has information completely missing on it.

Let's say I release many spool files to be printed that has first & last names with street addresses. 500 will print fine, but on print out # 501 coming out of printer only my address shows, totally missing my first & last name! If I reprint same spool file again, first/last and address information is actually there this time. It seems as if all the data doesn't make it to either the printer, or the PC from AS400. Several different Windows HP printer drivers were tried, printer session recreated, tried multiple Host Print Transform-related drivers, printer drivers on PC itself were deleted and reinstalled from official HP site are some examples. New data drop from HP printer to data port tried as well.

Could there be a limitation on how many spool files can be released?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I would be looking to see if the printer is running out of memory, or has some bad RAM in it, or if there are network problems (bad network card?) or something to that effect.

This doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would be caused by the driver to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
      I would be looking to see if the printer is running out of memory, or has some bad RAM in it, or if there are network problems (bad network card?) or something to that effect.

This doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would be caused by the driver to me.
      Thanks for the reply!

Formatter board was replaced which contains network capability, printer now has 1.5 GB of added memory as well. Previous older model of printer only had a measly 64 MB of RAM.

Comment

Working...
      X