• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V7R1 end of support.

Hi All,
    I am trying to find...
    the V7R1 End of support announcement(s)
    all information about forward compatibility of current V7R1 development.
    all information about backward compatibility once we move forward to V7R (3 i guess).
    Thank you very much, I hope I posted in the right place.

Announcement:

That link, and additional info on the topic, can be found here:
    Die 7.1 Die!!! -- http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/897/ENUS917-080/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en RIP April 30, 2018 Rob Berendt

Comment

Thank you very much jtaylor___,
      Now I have to wonder if WDSc7 that I use on 7.1 will work on 7.2 /7.3. Not that anyone else is stuck with WDSc7 like I am but if you are and know it will or will not work with 7.2/7.3 please let me know.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by DavidLerman View Post
        Thank you very much jtaylor___,
        Now I have to wonder if WDSc7 that I use on 7.1 will work on 7.2 /7.3. Not that anyone else is stuck with WDSc7 like I am but if you are and know it will or will not work with 7.2/7.3 please let me know.

Thanks,
        You're not alone being "stuck with WDSc7". In my last 6 jobs I've found that even WDSc is rarely used despite my best efforts to share, cajole and harass colleagues and managers to embrace it.
        I can't see them considering paying for RDi if they're not tempted by WDSc for free.

Take a look at MiWorkplace which may be one of our best hopes.
        MiWorkplace editor for the IBM i platform (RPG, CL)
        the smoking gnu

Comment

btw .. I'm using wdsc7 with IBM i 7.3 no problems
          the smoking gnu

Comment

ChrisR and everyone else,
            Thanks for your replies.

Now I have another question about moving to 7.3 from 7.1. Did anyone have problems running existing programs/applications after the upgrade? I would think that IBM would have published something about this, but again I don't know where to look. We have a client asking about our applications compatibility with 7.3. All our code is compiled to run at v5r4m0. (just following orders) I am guessing that there will be no problems. However, we all know about assumptions and @#%@#%@#%_U_ME which I learned in 1970 high school auto shop long before I came to know any of Murphy's Laws. .

By the way, I did find out WDSC7 works with 7.3 from using it at PUB400.com which is v7r3. I also ran into MiWorkplace a few weeks ago and will check it out when I have a chance. Work keeps me busy.

Thank you all again.

Comment

Working...
            X