IBM I access license expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM I access license expired

We started using IBM i Access Client Solutions after Win10 installs did not always like the old Client Access. Now some users get ?The trial version of IBM I Access client solutions has expired?. We have a valid 5733-XW1 license at *NOMAX. Not all users get the message. Suggestions?

I believe that message is from the client software, not the IBM i.

Did you obtain the client software from ESS?

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

To be honest, I don't know. It been a year or more. Yes - I agree its from the client. Is it even available elsewhere?

Comment

Yes, the evaluation version is available from the IBM i Access site:

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

Found a registry hack that solves the problem.

Downloaded newest version. No problems (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by arrow483 View Post
            We started using IBM i Access Client Solutions after Win10 installs did not always like the old Client Access. Now some users get ?The trial version of IBM I Access client solutions has expired?. We have a valid 5733-XW1 license at *NOMAX. Not all users get the message. Suggestions?
            Probably not an issue for you any longer, but I suspect that that actual reason for the errors you were getting was because although you had entered the *NOMAX license key in the 5733XW1 BASE feature 5050, you probably hadn't updated the number of users for the 5733XW1 Option 1 feature 5101. You can use WRKLICINF to check and amend if that is the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X