Copy SAVF into IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy SAVF into IFS

Hi guys, I try to copy into IFS directory a savf but I'm not able to do it and I don't figure out the issue.

The case is the following: I have in MYLIB the MYSAVF

I tried with CPY command in those ways:
    CPY OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYSAVF.FILE) TODIR('/home')

and also with

CPY OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYSAVF.FILE) TOOBJ('/home/mysavf.savf')

In both cases I have error CPFA0A9 - Object not found
    Object is /QSYS/MYLIB.LIB/MISAVF.FILE
    Cause...: Object /QSYS/MYLIB.LIB/MISAVF.FILE, or a directory in the object path, could not be found, or its type cannot be resolved by this function

... can you tell me please what is wrong? the object MYSAVF exists in the Library MYLIB for sure, the /home directory also exists..
    can you tell me please how can I see all the qualified name for this file? maybe it is a mistake in the qualified name QSYS/MYLIB.LIB/MISAVF.FILE, but I suppose that all the custom libraries are Under the QSYS.LIB (?)

Works fine that way for me. I'm guessing it has to be a permissions issue.

Comment

It might just be your post but your commands and the error message have different names MYSAVF vs. MISAVF, could you just have a typo in the command you executed?

Comment

Scott.. sorry for the mistake, is only on my post.. thanks guys.. but currently on my side it doesn't work, it should be related to the perimssions?

Comment

I noticed in your post no closing quote for the OBJ parameter.
          Also, the error says object "QSYS/". It should read QSYS.LIB. The only way I can get it to error like that is to use CPY OBJ('/QSYS/...')

As an aside, do you need to copy it to the /Root files system? Can't you access it directly using the /QSYS.LIB full path name?

Comment

I can't access using the /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYFILE.FILE' ... I tried with WRKLNK but doesn't work.. it maybe an authority issue?

Comment

What does can't access mean. What are you typing in?
              e.g. Are you entering WRKLNK then pressing enter? Are you entering WRKLNK '/' and pressing enter and can't find the QSYS.LIB link? Are you entering WRKLNK '/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYFILE.FILE' and getting an error or is nothing happening? What does the joblog say?
              If you could supply details on what you have tried and the joblog details we might be able to assist.

Comment

thanks guys for your answers.. I tried in this manner, with WRKLNK with all the path '/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/MYFILE.FILE' , and also with '/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB' , --> the same result - Object not foud. Object is /QSYS.LIB/... .
                And also I tried with WRKLNK '/QSYS.LIB' which works, but only with QSYS.LIB
                it maybe an authority issue?

Comment

Have you tried just FTPing it to the IFS? That's how I usually do it and it's pretty simple;

Say I wanted to FTP Library/Save file: XRDK/SAVF to IFS directory /MYDIRECTORY/

1. FTP LOCALHOST
                  2. Login
                  3. Issue: BIN
                  4. Issue: PUT XRDK/SAVF /MYDIRECTORY/SAVF

Then if you wanted to get it back;

1. Make sure the save file exists, create if it doesn't; CRTSAVF XRDK/SAVF
                  2. FTP LOCALHOST
                  3. Login
                  4. Issue: BIN
                  5. Issue: GET /MYDIRECTORY/SAVF XRDK/SAVF (REPLACE

I'm sure CPYOBJ works, just seems a bit of a pain having to specify the object types and stuff.

Comment

resolved.. it was related to the IASP, the machine have several partitions and it must be prefixed the name with the current IASP, thanks a lot guys for helping me

Comment

On a side note, why use CPY? For savefiles, I find using CPYTOSTMF/CPYFRMSTMF to work much more naturally.
                      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

because it is one of the options, what are the differences? I know that it is possible with CPY or CPYTOSTMF

Comment

Working...
                        X