Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS / QDLS - authorities issues for a file located into QDLS folder

Hi guys,

Could you give me some advice, I have a solution which transfer through sftp/ssh data from iseries to a Unix server, for one process migrated to use this solution for sftp transfer I was forced to use as data file already copied to file system.. but the file is into QDLS and not into IFS.
    the file which already is copied to QDLS, in the upstream process, normally I copy with this solution all the files to be transferred from DB2 files into STMF file under an IFS directory but for this process I used the file already copied into /QDLS in a specific folder.
    The issue is that I wasn't able to send the data, I received in the sftp log this error:

debug1: Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory
    stat /QDLS/DIR1/FILE1.CSV: Error 3498 occurred.

can you tell me please what I have to check on the sftp user profile which has to send the file located to this path?
    I already grant *RWX rights with CHGAUT on this file, I don't know if it is something different between IFS and QDLS, related to authorities.

Thank you!

Error CPE3498 is "User not enrolled in the system distribution directory".
    Have you considered moving the file out of the old fashioned QDLS file system into the /Root file system? Is there a reason you need to keep it in /QDLS?

Comment

Using /QDLS in a reasonably modern network can be problematic at best. It supports older DOS and OS/2 networking with requirements such as having the users enrolled in the system directory. It might be simpler to move everything out of /QDLS into another directory off of /root than to try to get a configuration that will work with /QDLS.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

The user was added to directory entry.. hope it will work! thanks guys, I'll come back

Comment

Working...
        X