Copying source code from IFS to QSYS.LIB Source Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying source code from IFS to QSYS.LIB Source Files

I have a practice of making back up copies of source code and storing them in the IFS. I store them in a folder on the IFS that has the same name as the support call number that they were used for. What I would like to be able to do is copy them back to source files in the QSYS.LIB file system using drag and drop with iSeries Navigator or Rdi. I realize I could create a utility using CL and/or RPG to do this but I would rather be able to use one of the tools I mentioned. I haven't been able to get it to work at all with Navigator and Rdi seems to support doing this but I am not sure it is working correctly.

This should not work. A stream file and a member in QSYS.LIB are formatted completely differently, so it requires a conversion process to go from one to the other. A simple drag and drop should not work, as that should always create an exact duplicate, not convert formats.

Consider using something like CPYFRMSTMF.

Comment

Greg,

You could use the FREE version of ChangefIT. Every time you promote a source member to the live production environment, ChangefIT will automatically make a copy (in an archive library) for you. Up to 999 copies of a source member is retained. BTW... the live object is also copied to an archive library.
      Last edited by kitvb1; February 8, 2018, 12:07 AM.
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Working...
      X