SFTP transfer mode ASCII/Binary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFTP transfer mode ASCII/Binary

Hi guys, can you tell me how QSH using ssh/sftp transfer data from iseries? in binary mode? I understood that binary is the default mode, I have to transfer data to an unix server and I don't know if I have to do another conversions or not, the data are currently send by FTP which transfer in ASCII I think and named the files file.csv or file.txt etc

or if I have to consider the CCSID? for the sftp transfer I copy before the transfer all the DB2 files into IFS directory in stream files and after that I'll do the transfer, do I need some specific CCSID for this? the files must be published on a UNIX server under .txt or csv extension

Comment

SSH only transfers files, it does not convert formats. The old-timey FTP has ASCII mode which does some rudimentary conversions between formats. However, SSH does not do that conversion, it just transfers the data securely over a network. If you want to convert it, you'll need to do that before you transfer it. IBM provides some tools like CPYTOSTMF and CPYTOIMPF that can be used to transform the data before you transfer it.

Comment

Thank you Scott, I use CPYTOIMPF, for convert data to have files like .txt or .csv what CCSID I have to put it on AS400 side?

Comment

You'd use the CCSID that corresponds to what the Unix application is expecting.... do they want their data in UTF-8? ISO-8859-1? Or... what character set do they want? Find that out, and then use the CCSID that corresponds to that.

Comment

Working...
          X