Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Access Client Solutions and the IFS

Hello,

Is there a way to drag and drop files from the PC to a folder on the IFS using I Access Client Solutions ? Am I missing something because it seems like this is not available.

Since you can drag/drop to an IFS directory without any iAccess installed at all, why do it within iAccess? Just share the directory out to the Windows network (and be authorized to use the share). Is there a reason a shared directory can't be available? I'd expect that to be the supported method into the future.

I don't know if i Access Client Solutions (for Windows?) retains the old feature. I only have the product on Linux and always just use a network share.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

There is no way to drag and drop files to or from the IFS (at least as of version 1.6.1.1), however under the Actions menu item, there are upload and download items in the list (I think this became available in version 1.1.6).

Comment

You can make a share and using that share drag and drop...

But to answer your question - I assume you're getting to the IFS from the terminal emulatin (Actions -> Integrated File System)....

From there you navigate to the directory you want to upload to - and go to Actions -> Upload --- OR you can right click on any file and from the pop-up window select Upload

To download you select the file you want to download, right click and select Download.

Comment

Working...
        X