Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of IFS objects owned by a user profile

Hi,

Is it possible to produce a list of IFS objects which are owned by a certain user profile?

I'm trying to delete a user profile which is failing due to the user owning IFS objects.

Thanks!

Re: List of IFS objects owned by a user profile

WRKUSRPRF xxxxx then take option 12 and press enter.
    or
    WRKOBJOWN xxxxx

where xxxx = the user profile for which you wish to seek.
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Hi Adam,

The other way around it is to use the change owner parameter when deleting the user profile. It deletes the user profile and the ownership of any "owned objects" are transferred to the user that you specify.

It also means that you are not deleting objects that you might want in the future.

Thanks,
      Neil

Comment

I agree with Neil. I'd just do this:
        Code:
        DLTUSRPRF USRPRF([I]user-to-delete[/I]) OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN [I]new-object-owner[/I])
        This changes all objects owned by the profile (doesn't matter if they are IFS or not) to the new owner, and then deletes the user profile.

Comment

We use a special user profile to receive the objects from deleted profiles, then you can go through the list of objects owned by "NewPrf" and see what is actually there.
          Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Thanks guys. The error I was getting when doing the DLTUSRPRF and specifing the OWNOBJOPT as QSECOFR was "CPFA0A2 - Information passed to this operation was not valid"

It turns out that the primary group of the IFS objects was QSECOFR so I had to do a CHGPGP NEWPGP(*NONE) and then do the DLTUSRPRF again and it worked, renaming the objects and then deleting the profile.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X