IFS (Netshares) on my MacBook Pro running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS (Netshares) on my MacBook Pro running

When I try to map a share to our IFS (Netshares) on my MacBook Pro running 10.6 this is what happens:

On the windows side I see 1,886 items on the Mac side I see 1,459 2. After about the 4th or 5th restart of the mac computer then all items will show on the mac I have tried CIFS and SMB \\192.168.0.10\vprcupdcsv\Reports

The AS/400 is I5/OS V5r4

IBM tells me that the File Format for their Netshares is *Type2

Re: IFS (Netshares) on my MacBook Pro running

I don't know the mac, but can you open a command prompt and do a simple dir and see how many files are listed. I want to know how this compares to you looking in the mac's explorer (or what ever it is called).
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
      I don't know the mac, but can you open a command prompt and do a simple dir and see how many files are listed. I want to know how this compares to you looking in the mac's explorer (or what ever it is called).
      I can do that when I LS command in terminal: I see 1,886 files.

But if I do a connect to server and view via the Mac's Finder: I see 1,459 files

Comment

odd indead. I assume you are going to use something to process this data and not just Mac finder. I think this is a Mac Finder issue and not a connection to the beast.
        Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Working...
        X