Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting an *NFS and having issues

Help .....

Okay - we have a new SAN device that we are trying to connect to from our iSeries. I know that I must do a MOUNT and this is the command I am using:

MOUNT TYPE(*NFS) MFS('tt-vv-xx-cc:/vol/nfs_400') MNTOVRDIR('/rviroot')

When I press enter I get: Information passed to this operation was not valid. When I go into the job log - it says Not authorized to object. Object is /rviroot.

When I do WRKLNK and press enter, I find RVIROOT when I take any option at the top (2=edit, 5=display, 8=Display Attributes, etc) I get the following at the bottom of the screen: Object handle rejected by file server.

Which IBM help says: Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : CPFA0E6 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
    Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
    Date sent . . . . . . : 09/27/12 Time sent . . . . . . : 11:32:28

Message . . . . : Object handle rejected by file server.
    Cause . . . . . : An attempt was made to perform an operation on object
    /rviroot that required interaction with a file server. However, the file
    server rejected an object handle used by the system (the client) to
    represent the object being accessed. This error can occur when the handle
    held by the client is no longer valid. A handle becomes not valid whenever
    the object represented by the handle is removed by one client while another
    still has a reference to the object. This error may also occur when a
    connection-oriented transport service is being used between the client and
    the server, and the connection is unexpectedly disconnected.

Can anyone help? Everything I have found on-line suggestst that IBM isn't going to be of much assistance. I haven't called them yet but will ..... I have to have this resolved today if possible but no later than Saturday morning....

Thanks
    Roxann

Re: Mounting an *NFS and having issues

Hi Roxann:

Just a guess but is /rviroot in the root directory....I'm guessing that it is not.

do a wrklnk '/' to get into the root and navigate to rviroot......use that path in the mntovrdir paramater

Again .... I'm just guessing here

GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Re: Mounting an *NFS and having issues

I figured it out!!! Woo hoo!!!!

I had to do an UNMOUNT to remove the previously defined system, and then the MOUNT and badda bing the system said mounted and I went out to our imaging system and attempted to view the old image that I looked at last night and couldn't get to and ta-da -- there is was.

I am doing my happy dance .... I stumbled across it to. I called IBM and was doing this because they wouldn't even open a ticket until I could tell them what the model# was (I didn't have that information). While I was on hold the message said to go out to ibm.com/support and see if my answer was there. I did and as I was scrolling through the responses for Authority issues with MOUNT there was an entry UMOUNT or UNMOUNT and when I read the brief description ... I thought what the hell ... I'll try it.

And it worked!!!

@GLS - Thanks for your response. RVIROOT did exist ... and that was part of my issue. All of the notes I had were for if it didn't exist, not for if it did.

Whew --- one problem down, 3 more left for the day.

Roxann

Comment

Working...
      X