Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS Authority

Hi all,
    I have a .net program that wants to place files in a specified IFS directory.
    I thought we could achieve this in a number of ways;
    1.) set up a file share...when we tried this we received an authority issue
    2.) map a network drive on the remote server. The user that was used for the mapping has more than enough authority....when we tried this we received the same authority issue.
    3.) Even FTP within the .net with correct user account....when we tried this we received the same authority issue. When we used an FTP Client(eg. filezilla it worked ok).

We do not have a guest user id specified.
    What user id is being used in both of the above cases?
    Ideally we would like to use option 1 or 2.

Thanks in advance.

Re: IFS Authority

That Flanary clown ftp's from the i (superior box) to a windows (inferior box) folder and pull stuff back..
    once grabbed clown boys code delete's it off windows server.

First & second post here
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick @#%@#%@#%.....and I'm all outta bubble gum !
    Yes I'm talking to you squirrel nuts.

Comment

Can you have the files exist outside of IFS on a different sever? If so the iSeries can still access those files trough QNTC if you setup the share properly

Code:
      /QNTC/Server/Share/File.log

Comment

You could try this:

On IBM i: Set up a dummy user profile that will have the correct authority to IFS directory (and/or subdirectories). You can check the permissions using Navigator. This USRPRF need not have the ability to IBM i sign-on but obviously must be *enabled.

On PC: Script to map a network drive using the above USRPRF and password to the above directory.
        Regards

Kit
        http://www.ecofitonline.com
        DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Working...
        X