CCSID on restore from optical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCSID on restore from optical

The gummiment sends my clients CDs periodically for upload on the 400. DSPOPT shows these to have a media format of *UDF and a CCSID of 500. The single file of interest on these has a CCSID of 65535. I would like to CPYFRMSTMF this file to a file in a library on the server, but after many hours of trying various things, I don't think that's going to happen. (FWIW, a media format of *ISO9660 works fine, but that--of course--is not what the gummiment sends.) So here's the only thing I've found that has yielded any hope at all, and if someone knows a better way, I'd be happy to hear it:

First, I use CPY to put the file in the IFS, using a FROMCCSID of 1252 and a TOCCSID of 850, and a data format of *TEXT. Then, I use CPTFRMSTMF to copy from the file in the IFS to my database file. The stream file code page is simply *STMF, and the DB file code page is *FILE. I admit to not being real familiar with CCSIDs, but we're just dealing with a text-file here, American-English and no special characters. Is there a better way?

Re: CCSID on restore from optical

Update: seems to be that the real issue here is the CDs are burned off Win 7, and are not burned with XP-compatible UDF. As a result (?), the media format given by DSPOPT for such CDs is *DAMAGED, and no CCSID workaround in the world will make the 400 process them.

Comment

Re: CCSID on restore from optical

it shouldn't matter if it was created on Win 7 or Win XP. UDF is a standard file format if you think there is an issue with the format of the CD/DVD download a converter program convert the UDF to a ISO (or BIN) file and see if that works. FWIW i didn't know you could access a UDF file natively on IBM i...
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
      X