iSeries send/receive messages to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries send/receive messages to

I have been tasked with finding a way to retrieve messages and place messages on an Azure servicebus queue from the iSeries. I have no experience with Azure and am staring my research now.
    1. Has anyone had any experience doing this?
    2. Can it be done directly from the iSeries or will we need "intermediary" software?
    3. Can you point me any web sites and or documentation that may speed up my research?

An overview of the process we are defining now is:
    1. Salesforce places an "order message" on the Azure queue.
    2. iSeries picks up message and processes order
    3. iSeries places an "order status message" on the Azure queue.
    4. Salesforce picks up message and updates order statusin SF database

Thank you

Having started using Azure about 9 months ago I would suggest using Azure Logic Apps to drive this process. It can be triggered when a message arrives on a Service Bus and easily allows you to work with the Service Bus. Create a web api on the IBM i that the Logic App will connect to process the order. Assuming the processing is fairly quick the response can be returned from the web api.

Logic Apps do have connectors for Salesforce directly so it might be possible to eliminate the Service Bus but that depends on if one of those connectors will work for your scenario.

We have found Logic Apps to be a quick way to implement integrations. We also use .Net C# applications that use a Service Bus but don't know if you have any experience in that area.

Comment

I should also mention that if you have any .Net experience it is fairly easy to write a C# service to monitor a service bus.

Comment

I noticed today that there is a Service Bus REST API available - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/servicebus/

That would allow you to do everything from RPG if you want.

Comment

Working...
        X