Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTPAPI: CommSSL_read: timeout or connexion broken

Hi,
    i try to consume a webservice from my AS400. on my Test system i have sometimes those kind of error but not all the time.
    When i decided to put my programm on production i had this problem maybe 2 time or 3 on 5

I don't understand where it came from? is it a problem with the librairy a problem of configuration ... i don't have more information or how to get more explicite message.

Have you some ideas about how to solve this kind of problem?

Thank you for your help.

thank you for your answer, i have some trouble to create a new post. 'Image Verification' doesn't fonction for me.

So The problem doesn't appear a lot on my AS400 of test. But in production it's really diffrent. i think that the problem is on the configuration of my AS400 but i'm not realy sure about this. Those message are the only think i can get from libhttp

CommSSL_read: connection broken
    CommSSL_Read: timeout§

Can you please post the exact error message that you're receiving? The error you've cited doesn't exist in HTTPAPI, so you must be changing the wording a little bit. Post the exact message so that I can see what you're referring to, please.

Comment

• ybelmiloud
      ybelmiloud commented
      Editing a comment
      CommSSL_read: connection broken
      CommSSL_Read: timeout§

I'm guessing that you're using an older version of HTTPAPI, because the 'connection broken' message is no longer in the tool. And, once the connection is broken, it should give up -- so you shouldn't get the 'timeout' message in that case. I would recommend updating to the newest HTTPAPI.

But, what 'connection broken' means is that the network disconnected while it was trying to receive data. There is no way to get more information about that, since there's no longer an active connection. For example, suppose you were downloading from an HTTP server and the power suddenly went out. The connection would be broken, and there'd be no way to find ut why -- you can't ask a computer that's turned off for more information. Likewise, if someone were to unplug the network cable, the same sort of thing would occur. So there's no way I can change the code to provide more information... the connection is simply broken.

The question is... why are you seeing these so frequently? That's something I cannot find out for you. Maybe there's a problem with your network? A bad piece of hardware can cause this problem very easily... and almost any network hardware could be causing it, a flaky NIC, flaky switch, flaky router... even a flaky network cable. Almost anything could cause the connection to be broken. A network pro would solve this by testing each piece of equiepment involved one-by-one. They'd connect just that piece of equipment to testing equipemnt, and then "stress test" it by sending a lot of data very quickly, and see if errors occur.

Aside from a hardware error, the other thing that could cause this would be a TCP protocol error. For that reason, I'd make sure your PTFs are up to date (including the relevant group and hiper PTFs) and also that you're running the latest HTTPAPI. Having said that, I have not heard anyone else complain of this (despite that there are quite a lot of people using HTTPAPI.)

Comment

• ybelmiloud
      ybelmiloud commented
      Editing a comment
      the most of the time we have Timeout error ...
      Like you said i have to update the version of httpapi before searching for other reason.
      I also ask for the PTF i'm not sure we are ok in this way.

For the latest version, where can i find it ? is it on your website?

Thank you for your answer.

Latest version is here: http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/

Comment

Working...
    X