Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a list of duplicate jobs and select the most recent one

Hello,

I am trying to use CPYSPLF to copy a spooled report that is produced each night, to a database file - I only want the most recent occurrence.

However I get the "A duplicate job name xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was found" for each job.

Anyone got any ideas how I could copy the most recent version of a specific report for a job that runs daily? I was thinking print out a list of jobs and then select the most recent one but I get the same error withing wrkjob/dspjob...

Thanks,
    Ryan

Show us the command you are using.
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

CPYSPLF FILE(AA0102P) TOFILE(XRDK/RK0102WF) JOB(REPORTJOB) SPLNBR(*LAST)

The issue being that there is a REPORTJOB each day that produces an AA0102P report so it comes up with a duplicates error.

Comment

I think my title is wrong really - apologies.

I want to copy a spooled report file to a database file each day but when trying to I get "duplicate jobs" error which is fine, so my initial thought was to maybe print out a list of jobs, take the job information and use it in the program as variables to populate the relevant fields (hence the title) but I guess my actual question is how to copy a spooled report that's produced daily to a database file within a program.

Comment

If you have access to change the program that runs the report, you could simply add the copy after the report is produced, specifying special value * for the job parameter.

Otherwise, you'll need to specify the fully qualified name of the job (include job number and user).

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

You could use the QGYOLJOB API using format OLJB0200 and a selection key of 401 (date/time job became active) to get a list of jobs and locate the one with the latest run date.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I had a quick look at the program to ascertain if it was worth a change it and it transpires that it builds a work file that doesn't get cleared until its next run - so I can just hijack that! Didn't think of checking there initially (oops).

I will take a look at the QGYOLJOB API though because I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.

Thanks again

Comment

The work file wasn't what I needed in the end.

If anyone is interested; I had a bit of a google and found RCVMSG - after a bit of experimenting and looking at other examples I came up with the below.

The reason I look for CPF3303 as well is because the report runs weekly on some machines, whilst it runs daily on others - yet the job in question runs everyday, so the most recent job might not always contain the report I am looking for.

Probably not the most elegant way of doing things, but it works as I need it to.

Code:
                CPYSPLF    FILE(&SPF) TOFILE(&LIB/&FLE) JOB(&JOB)
                MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0906 CPF3343) EXEC(DO)                

RCVMSG     MSGTYPE(*LAST) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID)      
                IF         COND(&MSGID *EQ ' ') THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(END))       
                IF         COND(&MSGID *NE 'CPF0906') THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP))
                ENDDO                                                        

IF         COND(&MSGDTA = ' ') THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(END))
                CHGVAR     VAR(&USR) VALUE(%SST(&MSGDTA 11 10))
                CHGVAR     VAR(&NBR) VALUE(%SST(&MSGDTA 21 6)) 

CPYSPLF    FILE(&SPF) TOFILE(&LIB/&FLE) + 
                             JOB(&NBR/&USR/&JOB)                 
                MONMSG     MSGID(CPF3303) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP))
                MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(END))
                Cheers,
                Ryan

Comment

Working...
                X