How to see what program is being used for a menu option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to see what program is being used for a menu option

I need to figure out what programs and/or queries a certain menu uses.
    I have attached a screenshot of the menu screen. for options 2,3 and 4, they have the program, in parenthesis, responsible for carrying out the action when that menu is pressed.
    I need to know the same thing for option 29 which does not have anything indicating what program it uses.

I have tried wrkactjob before and after running option 29, but it does not show up on there.
    When I press option 29, it thinks for about 60 seconds, then does nothing. So I think it's doing something in the background (adding asns to the mailbox?)
    I need to make a mapping of how this option works, and I am stumped. Any ideas? Even generally, how do you look into something like this? Thank you!
    Attached Files

answering my own question here. Doing wrkactjob actually does allow you to see which program is being run. I sorted on current user with shift + F4 to see my username. I was able to see which program it was very easily. I was not able to see it before probably because I wasn't sorting...there are alot of jobs (over 200 for me) and it was hard to locate.

Comment

You may want to use WRKSBMJOB *JOB - that will show you jobs submitted from your current session.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

For SDA menus, WRKMSGD MSGF(menuName).

Comment

Why not hit option 29, then quickly do;

SHIFT+ESC (system request)
          Put 3 and press enter (work with job)
          Take option 11 - Display call stack

This will show you what your job is doing - take a screenshot, because once it finishes this will reset.
          Have a look from there?

Edit: Just actually read the comments and I can see you found it through WRKACTJOB so nevermind!

Comment

Working...
          X