This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are attributes and Table type?

Attached is a table definition screen where I make new records in a existing table. I am asked: Attribute, Length, Table type and description.

I guess the Attribute would be the data type of whatever data I plan on putting inside this record? also, what is table type? Is this a as400 default screen or custom?
    when I fill in the fields from this menu, a new record gets created in the ZCC table.
    The fields I need to fill in are CCTABL, CCCODE, CCDESC, CCSDSC, CCNOT1, CCNOT2 which are a mix of chars and graphics.
    I need to be able to convert CCSDSC, CCNOT1, CCNOT2 into integers (which I think I am doing correctly) but it is not getting converted...as seen in the SS below.
    when I create the record, I have an option of numeric, or alphanumeric. I chose alphanumeric. could that be a reason why it isn't getting converted?

Code:
    DCL-DS ControlTable extname('ZCC') qualified
    END-DS;                                     

Exec SQL                                      
        SELECT * Into :ControlTable FROM ZCC WHERE
        CCTABL = 'TIMCONTB' and CCCODE = :WrkRank;

ModChar =      %CHAR(ControlTable.CCSDSC);
    ResultChar =   %CHAR(ControlTable.CCNOT1);
    SRunChar =     %CHAR(ControlTable.CCNOT2);

ZccMod =       %DEC(ModChar:1:0);         //errors out here during debug
    ZccResult =    %DEC(ResultChar:1:0);      
    ZccSingleRun = %DEC(SRunChar:1:0)

Message ID . . . . . . :   RNX0105 
     Message . . . . :   A character representation of a numeric value is in error. 
     Cause . . . . . :   A conversion from character to numeric found data that was 
       not valid.                                                                   
     Recovery  . . . :   Correct the numeric data.

Attached Files
Working...
X