Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dumb Question

Good afternoon,

converting an existing program from using SQL to regular Do/Enddo read cycle. I am reading a Logical PRMSTRL3 with one key, MSSNO and using that value to read from another file and process records.

File is stated as below:

R PRMSTRF PFILE(PRMSTR)

K MSSNO

* ---------------------------------------------------------

In the program:

H Option(*NoDebugIO:*SRCSTMT)

FCSTHST IF E K Disk
    FEMP125L3 IF E K Disk
    FPRMSTRL3 IF E K Disk
    F*

//set compiler options
    exec sql set option COMMIT = *NONE,
    COMPILEOPT = 'DFTACTGRP(*no) ACTGRP(*new)';

Main Code:

Dou %EOF(PRMSTRL3);
    Read PRMSTRL3;
    If not %EOF(PRMSTRL3);

@Print = ' ';

If mssno <> savesocial;
    savesocial = mssno;
    else;
    iter;
    Endif;

Setll SaveSocial Emp125L3;
    Dou %EOF(Emp125L3);
    Reade SaveSocial Emp125L3;
    If not %EOF(Emp125L3);

If EFFDAT < Begyear and TRMDAT <> 0 and
    TRMDAT < BegYear;
    iter;
    Endif;

If @Print <> ' ';
    Exsr $Write;
    Endif;

Endif;
    EndDo;

Endif;
    EndDo;

Write EndRpt;

Exsr $Eoj;

The only field I can see when in debug is MSSNO, EFFDAT & TRMDAT. EFFDAT & TRMDAT are from the second file. Can't see any of the other fields. Compile debug value is *SOURCE. It is set as a SQLRPGLE pgm type. I changed that and it did not help. I took out the compiler options and that didn't help either. I would like to see the other field values of the record that was read. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm fascinated as to why on earth you would want to downgrade a program but ...

You don't tell us why you want this info in debug so we are limited in our suggestions. One way of doing it is to add a DS defined as being LIKEREC the record in the main file. The add that DS name to the end of the READ i.e. Read PRMSTRL3 DSName;

Comment

Originally posted by 64waves View Post
      The only field I can see when in debug is MSSNO, EFFDAT & TRMDAT. EFFDAT & TRMDAT are from the second file.
      What do you mean by this? What happens if you try an EVAL on the other fields?

Comment

Good morning, I get 00000 or blanks when I EVAL on any other field in the files.

I downgraded it due to the amount of records in each file for a specific Social. The structure of the files and what I have to check warrant this approach.

thanks.

Comment

I just added a small amount of code to check the value of another field. Now I can see the value. I guess I never noticed this before, or worked with CHAINs more than READs. I never recall having to specify the field in the program to see a value. Once you had a record, you should be able to see the value of any field in the record, was my thought.

thanks for all the input.

Comment

RPG only reads fields that you actually use in your program. The values of all of the other fields are blank. This is done for performance reasons -- if you don't use a field, there's no reason to do the extra work of copying it from the file.

However, if you want to force RPG to always read all fields, you can add DEBUG(*INPUT) to your H-spec or CTL-OPT.

Code:
                   ctl-opt DEBUG(*INPUT);

Comment

Working...
            X