Logging of calls of procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging of calls of procedures

We have created procedures in System i Navigator. The procedures are used in a .NET applications using ODBC driver. The call command is e.g. "CALL YEMJKP.SAVEARCHIVE(1, 'contract.pdf', 'overwrite')". The procedure executes a CL program, which executes a RPG 400 program.

Now in my company we have such a problem that we do not know which of our applications use the procedures, and which of the procedures are not called anywhere. Is there some kind of log for calls of procedures so that we could track how they are used? Most of our applications are web applications which call these procedures in backend code.

The version of iSeries seems to be V7R1M0.

I just noticed this post and that no one had responded. I don't know how many ways there might be. The simplest could be:
    Code:
    STRDBMON OUTFILE( mylib/mylogfile ) JOB(*ALL)
    Let it run for a while, then run:
    Code:
    ENDDBMON JOB(*ALL)
    Query column QQ1000 to look for SQL CALL statements.

An obvious problem is that procs that aren't called while the database monitor is active won't get recorded. Review how many rows are written to your log file and check how long the database monitor was running. In order to catch all called procs, the monitor might need to run for a long time. Decide if you actually want to log that much.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
    X