How do I create a MI program object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I create a MI program object?

I have come across a few program objects (*PGM) on the system where the object's attribute is blank, i.e. not a CLP/RPG etc. It looks like the object is some sort of MI program ? I have the source code for object but I have to plead ignorance as to what it means. For example, there are DCL statements in the source also a CPYBLA and CVTNC. How do I go about "compiling" the source code to recreate the object ?

Thanks in advance.

Documentation from IBM can be slim. See first the Create Program (QPRCRTPG) API for parameter definitions. But maybe more important, see the IBM® i Machine Interface topic area in the Knowledge Center.

At its simplest, you string the source statements together in a variable (or a *USRSPC) and pass the string (or space pointer) into the API with the other parameters.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Thanks for your response. After a bit of digging around I kind of got a feel for how it hangs together. I was vaguely aware of MI objects but I have never created them myself. I have to recreate these obscure objects for an OS400 upgrade. Thankfully I stumbled across a couple of utility programs that will help me that task.

Comment

Working...
      X