X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some random question

Hi guys,
    How are you doing.?
    I am writing a new program and one of the condition requires me to validate if the data is availaible in a final table by joining multiple table.
    so basically what i do is select 1 into :temp join all the table and check sqlcod,sqlstate.i took the query and ran it in visual explain and output was four table scan and so on.now when i ran
    the query by joining first three files there was only one table scan and when i joined the last table it made it up into four table scans. Now i do believe this is due to absence of index on the final table
    but since we are not allowed to take more space on the disk we are not into creating index.Is there any alternate solution to this ?Can i use a view (may be wronmg)

How do i check which version of DB2 i am currently on ?

what are the best ways to acheive optimization goal that you guys do in real life.(Common situation that i face is looping thorough a file while validating conditions inside the loop and writing or updating files) i know bulk fetch,indexes will reduce time.what else ?

I have a program where there are multiple join queries on differenet files based upon different selection criteria.Now the program runs for hour. Is there a way where by i can identify which one among the queries is taking time.i debug the program and go through each one of them ,they run in a blink of eye.so there is no way to identify which ones taking long.if you guys have a simpler way.

When using sqlrpgle i see there is no use of going into option 14 open files of the job to check the rrn number of the record that is processed.How would we do it otherwise.?

I created a temp table in one of the programs for the duration of the job . it gets dropped just before coming out of the program.how do i check/query the file that i created in my program.let it be a batch or interactive ?

Does delay prepare really improves the performance of the program ?

Thats it for have lots of other question. will ask once i remember them.Thank you

Assuming you are running on IBM i, the version of DB2 is the same as the operating system version. So if you're running, for example, IBM i 7.3, then the version of DB2 is "DB2 for i version 7.3".

This is not to be confused with other DB2s. DB2 for Z and DB2 for LUW (Linux/Unix/Windows) use separate version numbers from DB2 for i.

Comment

Working...
    X